No matter the size of your business, you have probably felt the pinch on hiring today. Attracting talent today has changed and is becoming more difficult. In order for businesses to survive and continue having top talent apply for their positions, there are several things you must continue to do:
- It should come as no surprise that technology is at the top of the hiring list for most job candidates. If you have outdated technology in your business, you will struggle to find top candidates. It is important that you continually replace technology, which will give you an edge when it comes time to hire.
- The hiring process has become long and drawn out for many businesses. If your hiring process is too long, you will lose candidates. On average, it takes 23 days longer to make a hire today than in years past. Candidates are just not interested in a process that takes that long. While you may have protocols that need to be followed, you must find a way to make your hires quicker or you will lose them to the competition.
- What do you have to offer a job candidate? Make sure you are offering current perks and benefits that are important to today’s candidates. Flex time, company culture, and remote work are just a few of the perks that candidates are looking for.
- If you are having trouble onboarding and retaining hired candidates, then you must fix the problem. Candidates today are researching and reviewing your company before even applying, and if you have lots of comments about your problems when new employees start, you will lose them as a candidate.
- Make sure that your company culture is accurate and shown appropriately. Top talent is looking to work with a company that supports the same culture and ideals as them.
Attracting talent today does not have to be difficult if you are doing all the right things. Are you?
Copyright: leowolfert / 123RF Stock Photo